A resume is a summary of experience, education and skills. Resume writing is a comprehensive task, which requires regular modification as per the position.
Resumes are used to screen applicants for interviews and determine which candidates have the background that most closely matches with the employer’s requirements.
Where to begin?
Think about your experiences and accomplishments in past as well as present. These may be work experience, internships, volunteer work, extracurricular activities, research work, course projects, and publications.
Tailor your resume according to the industry and position.
What to include?
1. Contact information: Name, address, email and mobile number
2. Education: School, degree, passing year & percentage of marks
3. Experience: Paid or unpaid work, internship, volunteer work etc.
4. Skills: Computer skills, language skills, technical skills etc.
5. Activities: Club, community & association
4 best practices
1. Keep it to one page
2. Keep it relevant to the industry and position
3. Save & forward resumes in pdf
4. Keep it clean
Here are some best resume writing tips- Do’s & Don’ts for writing resume.
If you are not clear about the length of the resume, check this post- How long should a resume be? Is one page resume fine?